Sunday, June 2, 2019

Gift

Father, they are your gift to me.
I wish that where I am they also may be with me,
that they may see my glory that you gave me,
because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
Righteous Father, the world also does not know you,
but I know you, and they know that you sent me.
I made known to them your name and I will make it known,
that the love with which you loved me
may be in them and I in them.  John 17


We are the Father's gift to Jesus, and he wants to bring us to be with him always, that we may see him face to face. Jesus wants us to know the Father and be known by him just as he is known by him. Through the Spirit Jesus Christ our Lord draws us into the beauty and truth that God is - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. This union with the Triune God is not a reality too high and well beyond our reach but totally accessible to us because God always wants to give Godself away to us more and more and more than we can imagine.

Photograph of the Abbey garth by Brother Brian.