Thursday, August 6, 2020

Transfigured

Then Moses said, “Please let me see your glory!” The Lord answered: I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim my name, “Lord,” before you; I who show favor to whom I will, I who grant mercy to whom I will.  Exodus 33

In Christ the glory of the Lord Most High has come to dwell with us. And this morning on Mount Tabor, we see his face radiant as his divinity shines through. We are given a glimpse of his resurrected glory even as he prepares to head to Jerusalem, where his face will be covered with spittle and blood, his head crowned with thorns.

This glimpse of glory consoles us as we too face the trials and challenges that life brings. Christ Jesus wounded and gloriously risen is with us. We belong to him, we reflect his glory in our goodness and our striving to be better. 

We were privileged to see this transfigured beauty of the Lord reflected on the face of Francis, our brother who suffered and prayed and worked and persevered and who now sees the Lord Jesus face to face.

Photograph by Father Emmanuel.